**Soos in 1922 aan Josef Heil gestel, aangehaal in [https://books.google.com/books?id=qPV_rGdhYpkC&pg=PA17&dq=Once+I+really+am+in+power,+my+first+and+foremost+task+will+be+the+annihilation+of+the+Jews.+As+soon+as+I+have+the+power+to+do+so,&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi8uJGhnJbXAhUJbiYKHZXiDi4Q6AEIJzAA#v=onepage&q=Once%20I%20really%20am%20in%20power%2C%20my%20first%20and%20foremost%20task%20will%20be%20the%20annihilation%20of%20the%20Jews.%20As%20soon%20as%20I%20have%20the%20power%20to%20do%20so%2C&f=false Gerald Fleming, ''Hitler and the Final Solution'' pg. 17]
* As die Nasionaal-Sosialistiese Beweging sou nalaat om die fundamentele belang van hierdie grondbeginsel [d.i. ras] te begryp, as dit bloot die eksterne voorkoms van die huidige staat sou vernis en die meerderheidsbeginsel sou aanhang, sal dit niks meer bereik as om Marxisme op hul eie
terme aan te vat nie.
** ''Mein Kampf'', Band 2, Hoofstuk IV, “Persoonlikheid en Ideaal van die Volkstaat,” in Engels vertaal deur Marco Roberto, MVR, 2015, p. 33, eerste publikasie 1926
** Hitler se onderhoud met Richard Breiting, 1931, gepubliseer onder redaksie van Edouard Calic, “First Interview with Hitler, 4 May 1931,” ''Secret Conversations with Hitler: The Two Newly-Discovered 1931 Interviews'', New York: John Day Co., 1971, pp. 36-37. Ook gepubliseer onder die titel ''Unmasked: Two Confidential Interviews with Hitler in 1931'', gepubliseer deur Chatto & Windus in 1971
Wat saak maak is om die fundamentele idee in my party se ekonomiese program duidelik te beklemtoon; die idee van baasskap. Ek wil baasskap behou; Ek wil hê dat elkeen die eiendom behou wat hy vir homself bekom het volgens die beginsel: ''Voordeel aan die gemeenskap geniet voorrang bo voordeel vir die indiwidu.'' Maar die staat moet oorsig behou en elke eienaar van eiendom moet homself sien as een wat deur die staat aangestel is. Dit is sy plig om nié sy eiendom teen die beste belange van ander van sy eie mense aan te wend nie. Dit is die kruks van die saak. Die Derde Ryk sal altyd die reg voorbehou om eienaarskap van eiendom te beheer.
** In 1931, soos aangehaal in [https://books.google.com/books?id=kp3p_sIk8h8C&pg=PA303 ''Nazi Economics: Ideology, Theory, and Policy''] (1990), deur Avraham Barkai, pp. 26–27
**[[w:Otto Strasser | Otto Strasser]], ''Hitler and I'', Boston: MA, Houghton Mifflin Company (1940) p. 93
* Ten spyte van die mate van samehorigheid wat steeds bestaan, speel persoonlikhede 'n toenemend belangrike rol in die hoër leierskap [van die Naziparty]. Hitler het miskien meer mag as tevore, maar hy is meer en meer 'n figuur wat hom van die werklikhede afsonder. Hy maak grootliks staat op [[:w:Rudolf Hess|Hess]], wat nou sy ware vertroueling is, en wat hy heel moontlik as sy Minister van Buitelandse Sake kan aanstel. [[:w:Hermann Göring|Göring]] en [[:w:Joseph Goebbels|Goebbels]] bly steeds getroue kamerade van Hitler en is ongetwyfeld tot hom verbonde, maar die verskil tussen die twee word gaandeweg meer opvallend. Goering is meer gematigd, terwyl Goebbels, in voeling met die temperament van die massas en 'n opportunis in die eerste instansie, meer radikaal word. As dit sou neerkom op 'n konfrontasie tussen die radikale en gematigde elemente, sal Goering besmoontlik aan die radikale kant na vore tree, en as die een met die beste vooruitsigte. [...] As hierdie regering aan bewind bly vir nog 'n jaar, en in dieselde maat op dieselde trant voortbou, sal dit baie doen om Duitsland 'n gevaar te maak vir wêreldvrede in komende jare.<br> Hierdie brief is baie onsamehangend
. Ek dikteer dit onder druk om dit betyds vir die koerierpakkie te kry. Wat ek eintlik wil sê, is dat hierdie land vir die hede 'n rigting ingeslaan het wat slegs die ruïnering daarvan kan meebring, en 'n situasie sal skep wat wêreldvrede in gevaar stel. Enkele uitsonderings na is die manne wat hierdie regering lei, van 'n mentaliteit wat jy en ek nie kan verstaan nie. Sommige van hulle is psigopatiese gevalle wat onder normale omstandighede iewers behandeling sal ontvang. Ander is verhewe en verkeer in 'n gemoedstemming wat geen rede ken nie. Die meerderheid is klaaglik onkundig en onvoorbereid vir die take wat hulle daagliks moet verrig. Die manne in die party en in verantwoordelike posisies wat werklik bekwaam is, en daar is heelwat van hulle, is magteloos omdat hulle die bevele van gesaghebbendes moet volg wat ly aan die abnormale psigologie wat tans in die land heers.
** [[w:George S. Messersmith|George S. Messersmith]], V.S. Konsul-Generaal te Berlyn, aan die V.S.A. se Onderminister van Buitelandse Sake, William Phillips, [http://udspace.udel.edu/handle/19716/6176 brief gedateer 26 Junie 1933]
** Albert Jay Nock, ''Our Enemy, The State'', Caldwell, Indiana, The Caxton Printers (1950) pp. 21-22, eerste oplaag in 1935
*Hy [d.i. Hitler] is 'n baie groot man. "
Fuhrer" is sy paslike titel, want hy is 'n gebore leier, ja, en 'n staatsman.
** David Lloyd George, in A. J. Sylvester se dagboekinskrywing van 4 September 1936, Colin Cross (red.), Life with Lloyd George. The Diary of A. J. Sylvester 1931-45 (Londen: Macmillan, 1975), p. 148.
* In Duitsland is die gewone mense vredeliewend, ... Die duiwel het egter sy verteenwoordiger Hitler in beheer gestel, 'n man van ongesonde verstand, wreed, arglistig en meedoënloos... Hy vervolg die Jode op hartvogtige wyse omdat hulle eens Jehovah se verbondsmense was, Jehovah se naam ontvang het, en omdat Christus Jesus 'n Jood was.
** Joseph Franklin Rutherford, aangehaal in ''Awake!''-tydskrif, 1995, 8/22, artikel: ''The Evils of Nazism Exposed''
** Op 2 Oktober 1938 het
hy die toespraak “Fascism or Freedom” gelewer, waarin hy Hitler onomwonde kondemneer. Rutherford het ook gereeld oor die radio preke gelewer waarin die sataniese aard van Nazisme benadruk is. Die preke is globaal heruitgesaai en by die miljoene in gedrukte vorm versprei.
, During an interview with
in ''Hearst's International Cosmopolitan'' (
was asked to diagnose [[
in ''Is Tomorrow Hitler's?'' (1941),
in ''The Seduction of Unreason
: The Intellectual Romance with Fascism'' (2004)
: Prometheus Unhinged
G. Jung and the Temptations of Aryan Religion, p. 75.▼
* There is no question but that Hitler belongs in the category of the truly mystic medicine man. As somebody commented about him at the last Nürnberg party congress, since the time of [[Muhammad|Mohammed]] nothing like it has been seen in this world. His body does not suggest strength. The outstanding characteristic of his physiognomy is its dreamy look. I was especially struck by that when I saw pictures taken of him in the Czechoslovakian crisis; there was in his eyes the look of a seer. This markedly mystic characteristic of Hitler's is what makes him do things which seem to us illogical, inexplicable, and unreasonable. … So you see, Hitler is a medicine man, a spiritual vessel, a demi-deity or, even better, a myth. ▲
** [[Carl Jung]], During an interview with H. R. Knickerbocker, first published in ''Hearst's International Cosmopolitan'' (January 1939), in which Jung was asked to diagnose [[Adolf Hitler]], [[Benito Mussolini]], and [[Joseph Stalin]], later published in ''Is Tomorrow Hitler's?'' (1941), by H. R. Knickerbocker, also published in ''The Seduction of Unreason : The Intellectual Romance with Fascism'' (2004) by Richard Wolin, Ch. 2 : Prometheus Unhinged : C. G. Jung and the Temptations of Aryan Religion, p. 75.
'''No nation keeps its word. A nation is a big, blind worm, following what? Fate perhaps. A nation has no honour, it has no word to keep. … Hitler is himself the nation. That incidentally is why Hitler always has to talk so loud, even in private conversation – because he is speaking with 78 million voices. '''
** [[Carl Jung]]
, During an interview with H. R. Knickerbocker (1939), quoted in ''A Life of Jung'' (2002) by Ronald Hayman, p. 360
File:Destruction in a Berlin street.jpg| thumb| We cannot tell whether Hitler will be the man who will once again let loose upon the world another war in which civilisation will irretrievably succumb, or whether he will go down in history as the man who restored honour and peace of mind to the [[Germany|Great Germanic nation]]. ~ [[Winston Churchill]]]]
The only man for whom Hitler had ‘unqualified respect’ was Stalin the genius’, and while in the case of Stalin and the Russian regime we do not… have the rich documentary material that is available for Germany, we nevertheless know since Khrushchev’s speech before the Twentieth Party Congress that Stalin trusted only one man and that was Hitler.
** [[w:Hannah Arendt
| Hannah Arendt]], ''Totalitarianism: Part Three of the Origins of Totalitarianism'', A Harvest Book, 1985, pp. 7-8
We do not know whether Hitler is going to found a new Islam. He is already on the way; he is like Mohammad. The emotion in Germany is Islamic; warlike and Islamic. They are all drunk with wild god. That can be the historic future.
**[[Carl Jung]], The Symbolic Life, 1939.
* Most cruel joke of all, however, has been played by Hitler & Co. on those German capitalists and small businessmen who once backed National Socialism as a means of saving Germany's bourgeois economic structure from radicalism. The Nazi credo that the individual belongs to the state also applies to business. Some businesses have been confiscated outright, on others what amounts to a capital tax has been levied. Profits have been strictly controlled. Some idea of the increasing Governmental control and interference in business could be deduced from the fact that 80% of all building and 50% of all industrial orders in Germany originated last year with the Government. Hard-pressed for foodstuffs as well as funds, the Nazi regime has taken over large estates and in many instances collectivized agriculture, a procedure fundamentally similar to Russian Communism.
''Adolf Hitler: Man of the Year, 1938 '', [[w:Time ( Magazine)|Time]] ; January 2 , 1939.
The “Conqueror from Berlin,” as he has named himself, has completely conquered Germany. And not only that. Unfortunately, many, all too many Germans living abroad, also have fallen for the cunning propaganda.
** [[w:Friedrich Kellner|Friedrich Kellner]], ''
[[w:My Opposition |My Opposition]]'', Diary entry of 24 October 1939.
could not have succeeded against his many rivals if it had not been for the attraction of his own personality, which one can feel even in the clumsy writing of ''Mein Kampf'', and which is no doubt overwhelming when one hears his speeches. I should like to put it on record that I have never been able to dislike Hitler. Ever since he came to power—till then, like nearly everyone, I had been deceived into thinking that he did not matter—I have reflected that I would certainly kill him if I could get within reach of him, but that I could feel no personal animosity. The fact is that there is something deeply appealing about him. One feels it again when one sees his photographs—and I recommend especially the photograph at the beginning of Hurst and Blackett's edition, which shows Hitler in his early Brownshirt days. It is a pathetic, dog-like face, the face of a man suffering under intolerable wrongs. In a rather more manly way it reproduces the expression of innumerable pictures of Christ crucified, and there is little doubt that that is how Hitler sees himself. The initial, personal cause of his grievance against the universe can only be guessed at; but at any rate the grievance is there. He is the martyr, the victim, Prometheus chained to the rock, the self-sacrificing hero who fights single-handed against impossible odds. If he were killing a mouse he would know how to make it seem like a dragon. One feels, as with Napoleon, that he is fighting against destiny, that he ''can't'' win, and yet that he somehow deserves to. The attraction of such a pose is of course enormous; half the films that one sees turn upon some such theme.<br>Also he has grasped the falsity of the hedonistic attitude to life. Nearly all western thought since the last war, certainly all "progressive" thought, has assumed tacitly that human beings desire nothing beyond ease, security and avoidance of pain. In such a view of life there is no room, for instance, for patriotism and military virtues. The Socialist who finds his children playing with soldiers is usually upset, but he is never able to think of a substitute for the tin soldiers; tin pacifists somehow won't do. Hitler, because in his own joyless mind he feels it with exceptional strength, knows that human beings ''don't'' only want comfort, safety, short working-hours, hygiene, birth-control and, in general, common sense; they also, at least intermittently, want struggle and self-sacrifice, not to mention drums, flags and loyalty-parades. However they may be as economic theories, Fascism and Nazism are psychologically far sounder than any hedonistic conception of life. The same is probably true of Stalin's militarised version of Socialism. All three of the great dictators have enhanced their power by imposing intolerable burdens on their peoples. Whereas Socialism, and even capitalism in a more grudging way, have said to people "I offer you a good time," Hitler has said to them "I offer you struggle, danger and death," and as a result a whole nation flings itself at his feet. Perhaps later on they will get sick of it and change their minds, as at the end of the last war. After a few years of slaughter and starvation "Greatest happiness of the greatest number" is a good slogan, but at this moment "Better an end with horror than a horror without end" is a winner. Now that we are fighting against the man who coined it, we ought not to underrate its emotional appeal.
** [[George Orwell]], [http://boingboing.net/2014/08/17/orwells-review-of-mein-kampf.html Review of ''Mein Kampf''] (March, 1940).